Monday, August 21, 2006

No time for the computer

I've been having a hard time getting a turn on the computer. N is in love with playing Nethack, and now J is old enough to use the computer we have connected to the Internet. Mr. K has had a lot to do lately for his business on the computer. I just don't seem to get a turn very often.

K, Mr. K, N, and I seem to have colds. It's K's first cold. I had a lot of trouble finding baby sudafed for her. Most brands (or all they carry according to the local Walgreens) are being reformulated right now and they can't get any to stock them. At a smaller, independent pharmacy, I found some in gel-form for children. It's for kids and not babies. Kids are supposed to take 1 tsp., so it's not for babies. I had to buy a syringe to give K a 1/4 tsp dose. It seems to help her a little when I can get her to keep it down. She likes to spit it out.

We made it to church this Sunday. Last week we skipped because I was up so much in the night with foot pain and itching from my poison ivy. The poison ivy is almost gone now. No one would guess that's what it was.

I got my feet molded for orthotics Wednesday afternoon, and the doctor injected cortisone on the top of my foot by my toes where he has concluded I have a neuroma. It didn't hurt that much getting that injection. I'm not sure if it's just because it's a lot more painful to have cortisone injected in the heel or if it's because my foot is pretty numb up there from the neuroma (pinched nerve). The orthotics are supposed to help with the neuroma as well as the heel spurs. I also bought some thick foam shoe inserts for diabetics (not that I'm diabetic; I'm not), and they help my heel pain a lot. Also, I've gone back on Voltaren for a month, which also helps. The doctor also arranged so I can have a temporary disalbed thing to hand from my car mirror so I can use the handicap parking spots for a while if the pain is too bad to walk in from a regular parking spot. I appreciate that.

N and J had swimming lessons again this morning. K spent the time at the child care part of the gym. N and I worked on a logic puzzle while J swam. J and I watched N swim (and changed her into dry clothing) during N's lesson.

N is in trouble with Mr. K and me for fussing so much about wanting to play Nethack on the computer. He's not getting to use the computer anymore today, and if the fussing doesn't stop, he won't be using the computer tomorrow, either.

I'm not sure how much I'll be getting the computer for a while, but I'm planning to crack down on N's use--enforcing his one-hour limit. If wanted to use it more, he'd fuss a lot less and not complain when Mr. K or I were using it, and we'd get very lax about enforcing the limit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home