Not ready for Christmas
We just don't have things together this year.
I spent a good part of today making nasty, dry Christmas cookies (the kind you cut out, bake, frost, and decorate). Since I was so busy making them, I didn't have time to make lunch, so I ate LOTS of them even though they are mediocre at best. N and J spent a lot of the time I was making cookies fighting with each other. Fortunately, K was asleep a lot.
I had planned on making fudge and another kind of cooky today. I don't think so now. I'm getting tired and my feet are starting to hurt. I'll be going to the supermarket this evening, and I have to make dinner.
I started getting my Christmas cards and the kids school pictures together last night. I'm about half way through the job, but I'm not sure when I'll finish it.
We have no Christmas tree. I don't even have a guess regarding when we will get one.
N and J are set. They have lots of Christmas presents in our closet. The thing is, nothing is wrapped.
I got Mr. K a power miter saw for Christmas. We both know it. It's sitting, wrapped up, in the middle of my livingroom. I also got him some travel packs of immodium since he gets diarrhea so often. I'll use them as a stocking stuffer. That's all I have for him.
Kate and I got me a gold 18" chain from Penney's. It's in Mr. K's closet to be wrapped for my Christmas present. (Sadly, shopping for myself was the only way I could assure I'd get the necklace.)
We have two overflowing boxes on our bedroom floor full of presents that need to be shipped to our families in Michigan. I guess that needs to happen Monday or the presents may be late.
No one has taken N and J out to get presents for each other and K and Mr. K and me.
I have a duckling in the freezer, but absolutely no idea what I am going to do with it except cook it for Christmas dinner.
These are just the things I remember at the moment. Mr. K is at our new rental and plans to spend all his spare time there. J has a birthday on Monday. I have to bake her cupcakes tomorrow evening for her to take to school. After I drop her off at school, I have to go to the bakery at the supermarket and pick up her cake. Fortunately she wants to go out to eat for her birthday. All her presents are wrapped, I think. Pretty much her birthday is under control.
Anyway, with such an overwhelming list of undone activities above, what on Earth am I doing posting to my blog? I need to go knock something off that list.

3 Comments:
I had to laugh about your own Xmas present. I bought myself the DVD of 49UP off ebay..... and I've watched it :-) I'll wrap it up and pop it under the tree on Xmas Eve!
Happy Birthday J. (It's only 3 hours 'til Monday here)
Moon-spinner,
I'll tell her you said so.
Brilly,
Whom are you going to pretend your DVD is from? I'm still trying to decide between Kate and Keith on my necklace. I guess I'll just wait and see what Keith puts on the label when he wraps it.
I'll let J know that it's already her birthday in Australia. She'll probably want to open her presents right away here.
I wasn't going to pretend. I was going to write 'To me... from me' :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home