Sunday, April 22, 2007

Recovering


I took this shot of my navel (and the incision) after lowering the waist of my gym pants a bit and raising my shirt a bit to show my belly. For the record, I had a lovely, flat belly before I had children. Now you might mistake this picture for white bread dough.

Anyway, I though there might be a bit of curiosity about what the incision looked like. The funny color is a bruise just below my navel. I didn't see it until last night when I removed the band-aid. I knew it has felt bruised since Friday. Last night, there were still steri-strips across the cut, but they fell off in the night. I didn't put anything back on. The bruise is rather green, I assume, because it has mostly healed. The thin dark strip sort of parallel to the top and bottom of the photo is where dirt or lint has stuck to the adhesive from the band-aid. The red thing is the actual incision.

I took my last percoset Friday evening (narcotic w/tylenol). I had a lot of pain that day. The surgery director from the hospital called me that day to see how I was. She said that pain on both the left and right sides below my navel was probably my fallopian tubes spasming from the bands put on them.

I'm still trying to get my two-week follow up appointment with my ob/gyn. She's booked solid until four weeks after the surgery, but they are still trying to find a spot to squeeze me in.

I hurt some, and I'm still pretty exhausted. My mom and her fiance left for Michigan this morning. I decided not to go to church because even the weight of my purse makes my stitches hurt. I'd rather take it easy. I pretty much can't do anything I enjoy. Gardening is to strenuous. Lying on my back and letting K crawl all over is out of the question. I can't watch Rockford Files on DVD because N, J, and K seem to need me every two minutes. Mr. K is at the rental. Today is the first day since the surgery I've been picking K up. My mom had been doing it for me until she left. K's is heavy enough it hurts me to lift her.

I think my allergies are acting up or I have yet another cold. My nose is running, and I'm sneezing a lot. If it's a cold, it might explain the fatigue I'm having. Otherwise it's from the surgery. I pretty much don't feel like doing anything but resting.

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch, sounds and looks painful. Take it easy and try not to do to much - easier said than done of course :)

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Angela said...

It was a good thing my mom could stay until Sunday morning. It's been really hard for me to carry K around. I still can't without discomfort. When we go places, I pop her right in the stroller or cart so I don't have to carry her around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home