This and that
K and I made it to the gym today. I can use the stuff now as long as it doesn't pull on my stomach muscles. I can use the abdomen machine in June, when two months have passed since my sterilization.
Our postage price just went up, and it became more complex. I used to be able to put postage on padded mailing envelope, and just figure its postage by weight like any other item in an envelope. Now size of envelope matters and so does thickness. It is going to be a nightmare to figure out postage on things at home so I'm guessing a lot of people will have to take their large envelopes and packages to the post office to get the proper postage on them.
My mom got married last Thursday in Indiana. She went there because at home in Michigan, she needed two witnesses, and she didn't want to invite anyone to her wedding lest those who didn't come would have their feelings hurt. They went to Indiana where one can apply for a marriage license and use it on the same day (three-day wait in Michigan). They had a judge marry them. They and the judge were the only ones there.
I'm going to lunch tomorrow with my friend I used to work with that I lunch with occasionally. Her birthday is in a week so I'll have to bring her present. I probably won't see her for quite a while after tomorrow because J only has two more weeks of preschool, and I dread trying to take J and K to lunch. Maybe we'll try before school is out for N.

2 Comments:
Our postage goes by size, thickness and weight so unless it is a standard letter we have to go to the post office :-( Also we can't leave mail in our post box for the postman to take. You have to go to the post office or find a community post box..... complicated huh?
Congratulations to your Mum and her new husband. I hope they have many happy years together.
The surprising thing about our post office making it more difficult to figure the postage is that they had been trying to make a lot of things available on line and self-serve to reduce the lines and the need to staff the counters as much.
Post a Comment
<< Home