Saturday, June 12, 2010

Italian Festival

We're going to the Italian festival at a local church later today unless J doesn't get her room clean. Then one of us will stay home with her. I'm hoping to take pictures. I'm hoping to have a cannoli.

Last night I went fishing. J came with me but did not fish. We went to the spot down the road from us. It used to be empty, but this spring, a lot of people started going there to fish. Sometimes there'd be six or eight men and boys there fishing when we arrived. Last night there were three or four boys. Their dad dropped them off to fish. They were just under the age of 14 (I asked). I heard them speaking to one another. Three of their names were Griffin, Spencer, and Tyler. No one had those names when I was was growing up. Boys were named things like Rob, Jim, David, and a whole lot of Mikes.

2 Comments:

At 5:21 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

We have our share of strange names. Old names are back in fashion around here, like Felix, Owen, Oscar, Reginald. Girls tend to be Lily, Ruby, Annabelle. Then we have the unusual like Kaelum, Kadence and Kharmarnie :-)

Hope you made it to the Italian festival. If you did, how was the cannoli?

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I did make it to the Italian festival. It was so very hot that I couldn't bear to eat a cannoli (which I found disappointing since I really look forward to it). Instead I had a lemon ice, which was okay, but nothing special. It was much easier to get down than anything else that was for sale.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home