Sunday, July 25, 2010

So hot I swim

Mr. K and I took the kids swimming tonight and last night. Before last night, he'd never been to the pool with us because he hates the water more than I do. I hate being cold, which is one of the reasons I hate to swim. We hit 105 °F today and yesterday so I wasn't cold. It was so hot I couldn't think of anything else to do. Pretty much the pool was empty a good bit of the time both evenings. For some reason no one else wanted to use the pool. Both nights the lifeguards were delighted when we left because they could close down. The water was almost too warm (hard to believe). It felt really good, and I swam, floated, dove, and treaded water most of the time. Mr. K let K attach herself to him so I didn't have to worry about her.

K's one of the reasons I hate to go to the pool. She doesn't swim a stroke so I have to be within arms reach of her and alert every moment she's in the big pool. Mr. K didn't seem to have any desire to swim, dive, or play in the deep end. He said something about he hasn't swum in years and never was much of a swimmer. I guess he doesn't find it fun to float around.

I called what I think is Mr. T's cell phone, and I left him a birthday message. I don't know when/if he'll be back to get his stuff from the shed if his renting a room works out, but I told him to stop by. The heat is "breaking" for the next couple days. Instead of upper 90s and low to mid 100s, we're getting a high in the lower 90s. It's sad to say that a high of 92 °F is a break in the heat wave.

3 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

It's so hot here that our apartment is now at 86 degrees in the coolest room in the house. And our AC is going nonstop. :(

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Wow! My house is in the upper 70s during the day. My AC must be working better than yours. You must be miserable.

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

It's stressy at the pool with a non swimmer, you have to watch them every second.
You can send some heat over to us..... I'd appreciate it. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home