Farewell, Miss Zukas, By Jo Dereske
I've just discovered this book exists, ordered it from Amazon.com, and am reading it in my rare spare moments. This is the final book in this series; the author has no plans to add any more to it. She does have another series out there, though.
She is one of several authors out there that I keep hoping will produce another book (and another and another, etc.). She's the youngest of these authors so I'm not quite as surprised to see another book, but it has now been a number of years since she last released a book.
Elizabeth Peters is another one of those authors, although that isn't her real name. She must be very old by now. I think she was born in 1927. I'd heard for years she would someday write a book that would connect her Vicky Bliss series with her Amelia Peabody books, and when she finally did this in The Laughter of Dead Kings in 2008, I figured that would be her last book. Then last year she released another Amelia Peabody book that takes place between a couple other ones she has already written. I just keep hoping she'll come up with more books, but I know she can't go on forever.
Dorothy Gilman is yet another of those authors. Her last Mrs Pollifax book came out in 2000. I was then pleasantly surprised when in 2002, she wrote a sequel to The Clairvoyant Countess, which she had released in 1975. I never saw that coming. Anyway, as far as I know, she hasn't released anything since 2002, and the last Mrs. Pollifax book was the one in 2000. I keep hoping she'll write another Mrs. Pollifax book, but she's even older than Elizabeth Peters so I'm rather doubtful there will be any more.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home