Here is a shot of the back of my house taken last Sunday morning after the snow stopped. It looks like my first test worked so I'm trying again to be sure I got it (plus it's sort of fun when it works).
Thank you for the nice comments about my home and photos. These pictures do make my place look very nice.
Now that the snow has melted, it's all sort of muddy and the trees no longer look magic but bare. In reality, my home is old and rather small, but its mine and my familiy's, and we love it. We especially love the yard because it has room for so many projects--gardens, fruit trees, a picnic table, bees, chickens, rabbits, etc. We have almost an acre, and about 2/3 of it are fenced with a 6-ft chain-link fence. The setting is lovely. We have some trees in our yard, and we have woods behind us, across the street, and most of one side-neighbor's yard is wooded. We live on a busy street, though. Its speed limit is 25 mph, but most people seem to go at least 40 mph. The good thing is that because of the high volume of traffic, we are plowed very quickly when it snows.
I like to sit in the back yard where I can't see the traffic and then just ignore the road noise and pretend I really am out in the middle of nowhere.
I do plan on taking more photos. I love looking at other people's pictures, especially the ones out of the U.S. since I've only been to Canada before, and never in anyone's home there. Perhaps it's curiousity; perhaps it's nosiness, but it's fascinating to see other people's pictures.
Brilly, thanks for your help in figuring out how to post photos.
I don't know that I was much help but I did learn a lot :-)
I live on a road that is an alternate route down the mountains. There's also 4 schools along this road. It's busy in the mornings and afternoons but quiet in the middle of the day and at night.
I also like looking at other peoples homes and local area. Our land is a quarter acre and our house is right in the middle. We're fully fenced with gates into our neighbours yard front and back. No vegie garden but we have access to our neighbours :-)
5 Comments:
Didn't they come up well? The photos look great with the small frame around them. Take more photos..... please :-)
Thank you for the nice comments about my home and photos. These pictures do make my place look very nice.
Now that the snow has melted, it's all sort of muddy and the trees no longer look magic but bare. In reality, my home is old and rather small, but its mine and my familiy's, and we love it. We especially love the yard because it has room for so many projects--gardens, fruit trees, a picnic table, bees, chickens, rabbits, etc. We have almost an acre, and about 2/3 of it are fenced with a 6-ft chain-link fence. The setting is lovely. We have some trees in our yard, and we have woods behind us, across the street, and most of one side-neighbor's yard is wooded. We live on a busy street, though. Its speed limit is 25 mph, but most people seem to go at least 40 mph. The good thing is that because of the high volume of traffic, we are plowed very quickly when it snows.
I like to sit in the back yard where I can't see the traffic and then just ignore the road noise and pretend I really am out in the middle of nowhere.
I do plan on taking more photos. I love looking at other people's pictures, especially the ones out of the U.S. since I've only been to Canada before, and never in anyone's home there. Perhaps it's curiousity; perhaps it's nosiness, but it's fascinating to see other people's pictures.
Brilly, thanks for your help in figuring out how to post photos.
I don't know that I was much help but I did learn a lot :-)
I live on a road that is an alternate route down the mountains. There's also 4 schools along this road. It's busy in the mornings and afternoons but quiet in the middle of the day and at night.
I also like looking at other peoples homes and local area. Our land is a quarter acre and our house is right in the middle. We're fully fenced with gates into our neighbours yard front and back. No vegie garden but we have access to our neighbours :-)
Take care
Wow beautiful photos Angela, the show is gorgeous!!
That should read snow hehe
Post a Comment
<< Home