Thursday, March 06, 2008

I drove the kids to school yesterday because N told me the evening before that two fifth graders on his bus told him they'd kill him if he didn't bring them candy the next day. No one answers the phone at school once dismissal time comes, so I couldn't call the principal that day. N is only in second grade.

The first thing we did was talk to the principal. From their first names, which N knew, she immediately knew who the boys were. She said she'd get this to stop, and the boys would be off the bus for a while, and that she'd talk to the bus driver. She said both boys had someone at home who didn't want them to behave like this. They did go home on the bus yesterday, but they left N alone. Today they weren't on the bus, and when he picked up N and J this morning, the bus driver said he'd spoken to the assistant principal about the problem.

Being a bus driver must be a very difficult job. Driving isn't my favorite thing. I don't think I could even drive something so big without hitting stuff. Screaming kids aren't my favorite thing, either. Combine them, and I'm sure I couldn't do it.

Hopefully this will be the end of this mess.

Here's a mystery. Why do crumbs shake out of my keyboard when no one is allowed to eat at the computer? I know the answer--no one cares that I say we don't eat at the computer.

N has a Cub Scout meeting tonight. I'm trying to get him to go do his homework before dinner so he is ready for his meeting. I'm not having much luck. J has the TV on, and Cyberchase is on. It's one of my favorite kid shows. It's about math.

My Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards I got from turning in Discover Card Cashback bonus money arrived in today's mail. I've found a 20 % off coupon. I need to get to Bed Bath and Beyond and go get my gelpro kitchen mat.

This morning K and I ordered a new washer, dryer, and refrigerator for the rental house Mr. K has been working on. They are supposed to be delivered on Saturday, when Mr. K can be there. We're hoping no one will break in and steal or damage them.

K and I went to playgroup this morning. We had a very nice time. Today some girls came. Recently it has been just K playing with a stack of little boys.

Two days ago I cut the pad of my index finger on my right hand opened by running it along the edge of a piece of stone Mr. K had busted up in order to make arrowheads. That was very stupid of me. I might as well have run it along the edge of a knife. The cut is like a bad papercut, and it has been making it difficult to type when I need to use that finger because it hurts. It's a little better today, so I'm typing more today. I think it's getting a little infected because it hurt more the yesterday the day I cut it.

On that same day, Mr. K's office person cut her thumb badly on the plastic packaging that the printer cartridges are kept in. I drove her to the local urgent care facility where she got some stitches, a thumb immobilizer, and a prescription for antibiotics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home