A trip to the creek
Mr. K, the kids, and I went to the creek that is about 1/8 of a mile down the road from our house (very close) this afternoon. When we got into the woods, I took a shot back of where the creek goes under the road. I took a lot of other photos, too, and they are at my flickr page with a bit of explanation for each picture.
Two thinks make the pictures a bit dreary. It was an overcast day, so things look more gloomy right off the bat. The other thing is that it is winter so the deciduous trees are naked and most plants are dead. That is good actually, because the poison ivy is so bad at the creek that I seldom bother to walk back there anymore. Mr. K usually takes the kids without me.
Anyway, the scenery looks quite beautiful, lush, and green on clear days in the summer.
The pond is the same pond that I see through the woods as I wait for the school bus on school days.


2 Comments:
That's an interesting looking bridge. If we were that close to a creek I'd have trouble keeping the kids out of it.... I suppose a few doses of poison ivy might deter them
When my kids are older, I imagine they'll go down there more often. I occasionally see teenage boys with fishing poles out at the pond.
Post a Comment
<< Home