Dead Bread Machine
Last week, my bread machine died. It fell off the counter during a kneading cycle. I was making pizza dough. None of it fell on the floor, and I was able to force the bread pan back in the machine enough to finish the dough, but it was clearly not working right.
I tossed the breadmaker in the trash after I got the pizza dough out.
This is the second time I've broken a bread machine by its falling off my counter. I have a very narrow bit of counter to place something that tall upon because it hits my cupboards overhead if I try to push it back at all. Sometimes the machine scoots around a little on the counter, and that's what happened.
Originally when I replaced the machine last time, I made bread on my livingroom floor so that the machine wouldn't fall. Mr. K told me I was crazy and should make it in on the kitchen counter. The new machine never baked bread evenly, so I decided to humor him because I wanted it replaced and couldn't justify buying another one when mostly I make dough, and you could get the loaf to look a little better if you left it in the machine to brown up better after the baking cycle was done.
I think this machine has lasted over two years. It's hard to remember when the other one broke. Last time I got my new one at Target. We looked this past weekend, and they no longer carry them in the store. I looked online at Walmart, and they didn't have any. I finally ordered one from Amazon.com. I guess no one is stocking them anymore because they are no longer popular. That's too bad. I use mine a couple times a month, and sometimes a couple times a week. Usually I make roll dough or pizza dough. It is much cheaper to make my own that to by prepared dough.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home