Election Advice
I have been reading a high-school level book called Whatever Happened to Penny Candy by Richard J. Maybury. It is an economics book that focuses on the money supply, inflation, deflation, recession, depression, and how the actions of the government relate to these. There is no doubt that things have been simplified, and it is a short, easy read.
My favorite lines in this book are, "In an election, it is important to be aware of The Lie. The Lie is, I will give you what you want, and you will never need to pay for it; I will force someone else to pay for it. The candidate who can tell The Lie most convincingly is the one who wins the election."
Not that everyone didn't already know, but watch out for the liars. The one who promises you the most goodies at the expense of others is the biggest liar, but that doesn't necessarily make him the best liar. The best liar is the guy who wins.
I've become so cynical.

1 Comments:
I had to laugh. I was trying to think how many times I've voted since turning 18 and at a minimum it's 10 Federal and 10 State elections. The number of times I haven't been lied to is zero. No wonder we become cynical but I keep on voting and hope that one day someone will do what they say they're going to do. I won't hold my breath.
Post a Comment
<< Home