Friday, September 16, 2005

Birthday

Today is my 36th birthday. Thank you everyone who has wished me a happy birthday. We celebrated last night because my husband had to leave for a business trip this morning. We went out to eat and then came home for cake. Then I threw it all back up. Still, it was a nice birthday. We didn't have a hurricane like on my 30th birthday, one on the way, like my 34th birthday, or the entire country and a lot of the world still stunned and depressed after the 9/11 attacks like my 32nd birthday. This year's Hurricane Katrina has been depressing, but it's just not as bad as the 9/11 attacks because it wasn't brought about by the evil of humankind.

That reminds me of something the priest said at church a weekend or two before Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. He was discussing evil, and labeled cancer as evil. I was stumped because I don't see how evil can exist without intent. Now I'm curious if he would consider Hurricane Katrina to be evil.

I got to put the chickens and rabbits to bed tonight since K is out of town. He warned me the new chickens might refuse to get into the pen and I might have to leave them out and hope for the best tonight with the predators. I was able to capture the three who didn't go to bed by grabbing them while they were sitting on the rabbit cages. Boy did they squawk all the way to the coop. Suprisingly, no one pecked me or scratched me.

My parents, my brother, and a friend of mine have called today to wish me a happy birthday. I'm hoping my husband will call from Charleston, but he wasn't sure he'd be able to until tomorrow. I saw him this morning, though. He waited for the bus with my son. Hopefully he now understands why I'd like to put a bench up front that we can wait on.

I got Seasons 1 through 3 of MacGyver from my husband for a birthday present. We've already borrowed Season 1 from the library, but I wanted it anyway. I managed to see most of two episodes during the day today.

Mostly I've been resting. Tuesday I was bleeding a little. Pregnant women aren't supposed to. I went in and had an ultrasound, and all looked well. The doctor discovered I had a slight UTI (urinary tract infection--bladder infection), and prescribed generic macrobid. It has warnings that it makes one sleepy, and I feel they are warranted. I've been extra lethargic since I started taking them. The bleeding seems to have stopped, so I'm hoping all is well.

5 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I expect the UTI to be gone by my next appointment. I think they are common during pregnancy. Also they are likelier not to have symptoms. They are found when one's pee is analyzed.

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A late Happy Birthday to you :)
Sorry to hear you had some bleeding, hope everything is ok, i'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
I thought i had a slight UTI as well but nothing showed in my urine test which seems strange...all the best!!

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Amber said...

I'm sure everything will be okay! I had those problems with Arielle. Scared me almost to death! Anyway, I hope you had a VERY happy birthday, and I'm sorry I'm so late!

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Hi Angela, are you OK? You haven't blogged for a while.
Hope you are well

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Brilly,

Thanks for asking; I'm fine. I've just been busy with lots of errands, and my husband has been home a lot during the day using the computer for business purposes. I made a post this afternoon, but it seems to have vanished.

Angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home