Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Summer is about over

I was just outside with K. She and I picked a fig leaf for her to play with. She has it now in her bouncy seat. I need to make sure she doesn't try to eat it. The leaves on the fig bush are turning yellow and falling off.

We finally got significant rain yesterday. I need to ask Mr. K how much fell because he has a rain gauge (which he has already dumped so I can't check it). I'm guessing we got at least half an inch.

K still has a cold. If she isn't over it by Friday, I'll have to sit in the sick children area when I take her in for her well-baby checkup that day. K got me up again today at 4 a.m. It is very annoying since I know she can hold out until 7 a.m. I'm hoping it's just because of her cold.

Next Tuesday N starts first grade. I think he'll be glad to get back to seeing his friends all the time. J starts preschool the following week.

My friend from middle school, who now lives in Omaha, is planning to visit me towards the end of September. I am getting pretty excited about her visit. It's been over three years since I saw her.

I turn 37 next month, shortly before the official end of summer. J is already talking about what we'll do for my birthday. She loves cakes and parties. It is unfortunate for her that we have no family here since we will only be celebrating with the people who live in our house. My birthday is my chance to get a fancy cake from the supermarket bakery. They are too expensive to buy just because they look so pretty. Generally I'm the only one who really likes the flavors I like so I'll end up eating most of the cake myself.

I'm hoping to have a bit more time with the computer once everyone is back in school, but we'll see.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Cake is great!

I just typed up the zucchini lasagna recipe in Word for you. If you provide me your e-mail address, I'll attach it to an e-mail. I'm not publishing it here because it isn't my recipe and I don't own the copyright. I got it out of a recent magazine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home