Thursday, December 21, 2006

None

I've dropped N and J off at a county park. Months ago I signed them up for a Christmas craft day. For all day (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.), it cost me only $30 for both kids. That includes lunch and snacks. Whatever they do, I'm sure it will be much more fun than if I had kept them home with me. Of course, they complained a lot that they didn't want to go. J will probably be the youngest one there. I told N to look out for her and read things for her if necessary. To participate in this program, one has to be at least five years old. She just squeaked by, turning five on Monday.

It's working out well, since I need to get the dimensions of the room at our new rental that will become our kitchen when it gets wired, plumbed, and cupboarded (I made that last word up). Mr. K simply will not get me the measurements, and I need them to meet with a kitchen person at Lowes Saturday. I tried meeting with her Tuesday (while N and J were at school) with the measurements Mr. K was willing to gather, but it just wasn't sufficient for us to figure out what kitchen pieces we need. Mr. K is also unwilling to watch the kids while I gather the measurements because it will waste too much of his time. There is no working plumbing at the place right now so I can't take N and J there because they'll immediately insist they need a bathroom. I will be taking K and leaving her in her carseat (but not in the car) while I measure the kitchen. If she needs to "go," she's got a diaper on. I'll just have to be sure to hit the bathroom before I leave and to not drink much water. I'm bringing a roll of duct tape with me since no one will be there to hold the end of the tape measure for me. Hopefully it will work okay.

Before I run out to the new place, I need to pick up a bank deposit from Mr. K's office and deposit it at the bank. I called his office manager a bit ago, and she said she needed at least half an hour more before it was ready. That's how I found a little computer time yet this morning.

I got the last Christmas package to Michigan dropped off at the FedEx place last night. Mr. K and I both thought the other person was going to mail it. Hopefully it will arrive on time, but we're a bit late for any guarantee. I shipped it for just over $11. It weighed 21 pounds. If I wanted to assure it arrived before Christmas, it would have cost $38. I just don't care that much.

Mr. K is going to take Sunday off his renovations at the rental probably and make his family's nut bread all day.

I just got a call from the office manager. The deposit is ready. Gotta go.

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Thank you. Enjoy your Christmas, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home