Wearing out
I'm wearing out. N has been sick since yesterday. He's got a sore throat and a fever. The fever has been as high as 102.6 °F. I took him to the doctor's yesterday (when the fever was lower) since he told me that strep throat is going around his school. He was swabbed and checked for it. He doesn't have it. The doctor thought it was just a cold. I'm guessing it's some other virus since his temperature has been over 102. Anyway, the treatment is probably the same unless this turns out to be bacterial.
I'm still crampy, nauseous, and sore. The soreness is getting better. The last two nights, I've been unable to fall back to sleep once I get up to pee because of the cramps and nausea. Both times I've taken an ibuprofen for the cramps and finally fallen back to sleep for a little bit. Today I only fell asleep for about 30 minutes because K woke me up, crying. Finally I took a shower in the night, and N got up and told me all about his sore throat. He knew I took a shower, but apparently he didn't understand me when I told him I was going to sleep in since I'd already had my shower. Right at 7:15 a.m., when I usually get up to shower, he began to whimper and whine in front of my door. He complained his throat hurt and he couldn't breathe (I think he's just congested). I think it's been a long time since N's had a bad cold, and he's the only one I know that's even a bigger baby and complainer than I am. Anyway, he interrupted my last chance at getting some sleep.
J fell at the doctor's office yesterday. I brought K in the stroller, and I had to hold her because she fussed so much. J took that opportunity to play with the stroller. She promptly fell on the floor and bruised her shoulder, breaking the skin. Had we been home, I'd have had antibiotic ointment, but we were in the examining room, waiting for Nick's strep test to be done. The doctor and nurse weren't in the room at the time. Jessica was already screaming (hard to notice over how loud K was crying), and I got some of the hand sanitizer (mostly ethyl alcohol) from the room's sink, and put it on her shoulder, warning her it would hurt. Her yelling got even louder. It was absolutely miserable at the doctor's while we waited to learn that there wasn't anything to be done for N. J is fine except for the bruised shoulder.
K has a funny patch on her leg. It might just be a bruise. It might be a reaction to her vaccinations a couple weeks ago. It might be an insect bite. I've noticed she's got a lot of other little red dots on her belly and now her face, but she was in the grass Tuesday and yesterday and I'm wondering if the chiggers got her. Anyway, I'm going to hope that it's nothing and will just go away for now.
J was supposed to go to N's school today and register for kindergarten. Because N is sick, we can't go. All her friends are registering today. I called the school and told them my situation, and they said to bring her in June after school lets out or in August. She's been looking forward to today so she's kind of disappointed.
Boy, I've complained a lot today. I think things will seem a lot better after a good night's sleep. I hope tonight is my lucky night.

2 Comments:
I'm sorry to read that N is unwell, I hope he's feeling better now and that no-one else gets it.
You're having a bit of a rough trot a the moment. I'd be complaining too :-)
Your belly picture was pretty good, especially for someone whose had three kids :-)
I hope you're feeling a bit better today.
Take care
N's fever broke in the night (and he woke me up to tell me he wet the bed when in reality, he soaked it with sweat). Then K was up an hour later and cried for the rest of the night, which is extremely unusual for her. I gave up trying to comfort her and put in earplugs. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped for sleep, but it was better than last night.
Post a Comment
<< Home