The birds and the bees--um just the chickens
J had a friend over today. This evening she mentioned that they saw Yellow Walter (the rooster) climb on the back of the hen who is molting (I don't think she is, she's just the roosters' favorite so she lacks a lot of back feathers.)
I said, "Oh, no."
N said, "Why, Oh no?"
J asked "But why did the rooster do that?"
I was going to answer her, but probably with a "Why don't you ask your dad?" when N answered the question for me.
He told her it was part of chicken life, and the rooster was putting something special there that made it so the eggs might hatch. I told him that was the correct answer. I was able to distract him about the "Why, Oh no?" question.
As you can tell, I'm not looking forward to the sex talk (who is?). When I do it, though, I want it to be with only one kid at a time, and preferably N before J.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home