Mom is coming
My mom's plane gets in around noon tomorrow. K and I will go to the airport to pick her up. She'll stay in my livingroom on my hide-a-bed loveseat. It's not very private, but at least it is a real mattress. Before I had kids, the girls' room was my guest room. That was long ago. Once the kids grow up and get their own homes, that room will be my guest room again.
My cleaning in honor of my mom is barely started. Since K won't nap anymore, I really don't get a chance to clean anymore. I haven't mopped since K got her big girl bed. Now I have lots of ink, pencil, and crayon on a lot of things because K has discovered how fun it is to write on tables, walls, etc. Maybe my mom will keep an eye on K so I can clean a bit around here. Otherwise it may wait until K is allowed out in the yard with only N and J to watch her. That won't be for a long time.
I did spray the mildew in my shower this morning. It looks like it could use another round or two of bleach spray.
My new vacuum cleaner is horrid. It sort of works on carpet. It really doesn't work on hard floor, which is most of my house. As soon as I get done vacuuming, I have to drag the broom out to clean the floor. I'm not even exaggerating, I'm sorry to say. It's my first bagless vacuum, and I am not impressed. Unfortunately, it is very hard to find a vacuum that takes bags anymore. My mom suggested I try Sears, and I may do that while she is here. I'd buy a new one today if I knew which one worked worth a darn.

4 Comments:
Have a nice time with your Mum. Sorry I haven't been around much, it's crazy busy here right now :-)
I'm very busy with my mom here now, too. I don't know if I can keep up the Project 366 photos for now. I shot a picture of a squash. I couldn't come up with anything better.
hope you are having a nice visit with your mum!
Thanks, sars. I am.
Post a Comment
<< Home