Monday, April 14, 2008

New Computer

I got my new computer. I have no idea when I'll have time to remove it from the box and start to set it up because I don't want the kids around when I do. I guess if I wait for them to go away, though, before I set it up, it will be obsolete before it gets turned on.

A county social worker visited my neighbor this afternoon. I think he's trying to get welfare or something. He had told me he'd take them back and let them see he's living in a shed. I told him to watch out or they might call the county zoning people, and he'll be forced out because one certainly isn't allowed to live without plumbing or electricity in this county. The plumbing thing would be considered a health hazard. If the weather is acceptable, I'll go visit him tomorrow to see how the visit went.

Our office computer died. Mr. K had remotely entered data Saturday. I tried on Sunday but couldn't connect with the computer. I just assumed it needed rebooting. When the office manager came in this morning, she thought the monitor was dead. I didn't think that was it because my ability to connect has nothing to do with the monitor. She was finally able to get the repair people in. They determined that the motherboard was dead. They're ordering some new parts which will be overnighted to them, and hope to have it up and running by tomorrow afternoon. In theory, the hard drive survived, but that won't be confirmed until the hard drive can be accessed.

J napped a good part of the evening, and now she's up when she should be in bed asleep. I should go and start getting ready for bed myself.

2 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

I don't know how you can have a new computer and not ignore the kids and forget about dinner just to set it up :-)

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I wish I had that kind of time. If I ignore Kate, she'll a) destroy the computer, and b) destroy whatever else interests her around the house.

Also, I'm not good with computers like you are. I don't look forward to messing around with it; I dread it. I am looking forward to it running a lot faster, though, and to playing a Nancy Drew game that wouldn't run on this computer because it is so old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home