Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Nick!

It's N's eighth birthday. He's had his cake and presents already. We're just waiting for K to get up from her nap so we can go to IHOP (International House of Pancakes) for his birthday dinner. Mr. K and I don't like that place because the food is awful. N and J love it.

When my mom was here, we went to a burger place called Five Guys. Here is a link to their menu. http://www.fiveguys.com/menu.html Mostly they serve burgers, hot dogs, and fries. I think I might have had the best burger of my life there. It was great! It's also the kind of place with an open bin of peanuts, and you can drop the shells on the floor. They come by and sweep a lot. Too bad N doesn't like burgers or I'd push him to go there for his birthday. It's so casual it doesn't matter if K throws a little food the way it did when my mom and I lunched at a Vietnamese restaurant. The food was good there, but K was a disaster.

We fished for a little while this afternoon. We got some worms from the yard and then walked down to the creek with the worms and our poles. We caught lots of little bluegills and sunfish and let them go. I caught one tiny large-mouth bass and let it go. I love to go fishing.

3 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to N!! I hope you enjoyed your pancakes :)

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Happy Birthday Nick. I hope you all had a great day.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Thanks! Nick had a great day and enjoyed his pancakes thoroughly. I could barely get my dinner down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home