Monday, September 15, 2008

Home Sick

N spent the day home with me. His sore throat is getting worse, but his fever was down to 99.8 °F this morning. I called the pediatrician's office just before 8:30, and they offered me a 9 a.m. appointment or a 10:15 a.m. appointment. Because I had to wait for the bus around 9, I had to go with the 10:15 appointment.

The nurse swabbed N's throat for the strep test, and it came back negative. The doctor says it is some kind of a sinus infection (N's eyes have dark circles under them). He wants me to give N some Claritin or Zyrtec, and he wrote him a prescription for chewable amoxicillin. N is free to go back to school as soon as the fever passes. He's probably not contagious.

I'm hoping N will go back to school tomorrow. I didn't get to go to the gym today, and I can't even try to make it up this evening because I have to take J to a Daisy meeting. I didn't go Friday because I had a cut on the palm of my hand that bandaids kept falling off of, and I didn't want to risk getting a MRSA infection from the gym equipment when I go to the gym to improve my health. Instead I put K in the stroller and took a walk at a park. My hand is pretty well healed now.

The friend I invited to dinner yesterday will drop by after work today. She said she needs to drop off the dessert she was going to bring. I'm guessing it's a birthday cake or something since my birthday is tomorrow. Otherwise, she and her husband could just eat it themselves.

I've got cooked chicken going out my ears. We're having ,eftover roast chicken for dinner tonight. I was going to turn it into a casserole since N likes that, but his throat hurts so much I doubt he'll eat it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home