Sunday, August 17, 2008

Playing with Pictures--Snoop!

I've been playing with some of my pictures in Picasa2 that came out dark. I have discovered by adjusting the fill light, I can make some bad dark pictures look okay. I've also discovered I can see things in the background that had been blacked out. I saw a nasty scratch on my coffee table. I saw kid-junk left all over the floor. I saw lots of stuff I wouldn't actually want in the background. Sometimes the dark background is a good thing, but it is so interesting that the data is still there, even if I can't notice it without adjustment.

That wasn't exciting enough. I wondered if I could find hidden things in the pictures of others. I downloaded a couple pictures of Brilly's (I hope you don't mind--I know you played with one of my autumn pictures once and I didn't care.) Behind the dark-background plum blossom picture, you can see more tree limbs of a different tree. In the picture of the moon taken as soccer practice on evening, I can see trees, and what I think are clouds and a power line. In a night picture of a bridge, there is a woman sitting not far from the camera at the edge of the water.

Okay. I admit it; I'm a snoop. I'm sort of getting the urge to peek at what's really in the background of the pictures of others in general

2 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

LOL, snoop away. The tree in the background of the plum is probably a gym. The moon photo was taken at the soccer fields so there's a light tower and trees around the perimeter. The bridge is the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the woman is a tourist. :)
Picassa is fun but I don't like the way that it automatically uploads all your photos and stores them in files. I just want to use it to work on my photos, not to store them. If you know how to stop it from doing that can you tell me?

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Ooops the tree is a gum, not a gym!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home