Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Little Trouble Fishing

Shortly before dusk, I took J fishing down the road. We were by the road when it started to get dark, but the little bullheads were biting pretty well. I took J home and came back to try fishing some more since I had been getting so many bites. The elderly guy who lives down the road on the other side of the creek and who keeps the path mowed was there, and he held a flashlight while I fished. He said he used to fish there when his kids were little.

It wasn't long before two police cars stopped, lights going. They shined the spotlight on us. I said to the gentlemen holding, "I wonder what they're here for. I didn't think there was anything illegal about fishing. I have a fishing license."

Well, the police just wanted to know what was going on. They asked where the little girl was. I said she was mine and I took her home when it got dark. Apparently someone called the police when they saw us hanging out by the road. The police didn't even ask for identification. I didn't expect them to ask for fishing licenses (and they didn't) because that's done by the game people. While they were there, I got a bite and got an 8-inch bullhead. They left at that point since I guess they figured out nothing illegal was going on, no one had drowned, etc.

It sort of ruined the mood, and the fish quit biting so well, so we left about ten minutes later. That bullhead succeeded in barbing my finger on my left hand. I had a heck of a time getting the hook out of his mouth and probably should have just cut the line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home