Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Busy yet again

Mr. K's mom and dad arrived on Saturday. Unless they leave early, they are staying until Thursday. They are staying in my livingroom on my hide-a-bed. My house seems so small, as it always does when I have guests. Originally they were only going to stay one night.

The kids are so excited to see their grandparents, especially K. Sometimes we go more than a year without seeing them.

I just dropped J off to go on an all-day trip with her Girl Scout troop to Norfolk. She's very sleepy. We had to get to the drop-off point before 8 a.m. She's not even up by then normally. I hope she has a good time.

Dinner has been interesting. It's hard to feed seven people when one is used to feeding more like four (the kids are so picky they don't actually eat a serving). We has pizza the first night. We grilled chicken thighs the second night. Last night I made spaghetti. Tonight I'm planning to make scampi out of a mixed bag of frozen seafood. It has all sorts of stuff such as shrimp, octopus, and cuttlefish. I hope it's edible.

3 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

It is hard cooking for extra people, especially adults. I always worry that I'm going to stuff it up.

Have a nice time with your in-laws.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I "stuffed it up" badly last night with a mixed seafood scampi. We all agreed that it wasn't edible, and we had leftover spaghetti and meatballs and grilled chicken from the nights before.

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

What is scampi? Here scampi is a crustacean bigger than a prawn and smaller than a lobster. I've actually never eaten them here, only in England.

It doesn't worry me if I muck a meal for the family but it's different when you have guests. At least you had leftovers to serve. I've had to make toasted sandwiches after some of my disasters :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home