Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Done

My paper was turned in last Thursday, so that is done, and I took my final exam this morning, so that is done, too. Now I just need to wait for everything to get graded and hope that I get an A in the class.

Over Christmas break, I need to study for a test called the TEAS test. I think it just covers basic high school stuff (math, reading, English, and science), some of which I haven't done in years. I've ordered a couple review books. When I first looked into the nursing program, no test was required if one already had a college degree. That changed shortly after I was told about it. Now everyone who applies has to pass this test. I'm taking it in January. It's a four-hour test. It's one of several that nursing schools use to determine if you can apply. Everyone says to study for it; people who don't generally don't pass (I imagine that doesn't apply to people just out of high school, though). We are only allowed to take it two times at my college. It's only offered once a month, and when I signed up for it yesterday, I got spot 26 out of 30 for the January test. There is also a February test, but I'm sure that one will be full by the time I find out how I did in January. Nursing school applications for fall are due the week after the February test. If I miss it, I can't apply until October when the applications for Winter 2012 are due.

When I pulled into the parking lot for my final exam this morning, I saw on the sign that it was 25 °F. We are expecting between two and five inches of snow tomorrow, with snowfall beginning in the morning. I am so glad I got my test done before that became an issue. If there's snow, my kids probably won't go to school, and I have no one to watch them.

Mr. K arrived at preschool as I was leaving it. He was able to stay for K's play (thank goodness).

J's play was last night. I didn't realize what a big part she had. She probably had the most lines, and she was listed fourth on the program. It was really surprising how well she did (and it's not just that I'm biased because she's mine). She spoke loudly and clearly into the microphone, and she spoke with passion. She had no problem whatsoever remembering her lines or when it was time for them. Lots of the kids just recited their lines. It's pretty exciting since until then, I didn't think we had a drop of talent in our house. No one can sing worth a darn or play an instrument or draw or do any sports. J is sorry the play only showed twice, and she's hoping to get parts in future plays.

1 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

I'm sure you'll get an A for your class and do well in your TEAS test.

Yeah for J in her play. It's not easy to stand in front of an audience and act. She's much braver than me :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home