People
Yesterday, the kids and I were at the playgroup at the church. One of the things the other moms and I discussed was where we get our haircuts. All of us usually do it ourselves or go to the cheapest places around.
Back in high school, haircuts, clothes, where one shopped, etc. were such status things. I never got expensive clothing like a lot of kids, and generally didn't care. One time my debate partner, with whom I didn't get along, tried to insult me by telling my I looked like I had an $10 haircut. I just laughed and told her that was a compliment because it was actually a $6 haircut.
College was the first place I ran into people proud to shop for the best bargains and didn't care which store they went to. I guess it's a matter of who's paying for stuff. If you can get your parents to foot the bill, more expensive seems better. When you pay for yourself, cheap quality is best.

1 Comments:
I hadn't thought of the peer-pressure aspect of needing to wear/have the best things. It's a good point.
You're the first person to post on my Blog (except when I did a test), so I'm excited. I didn't even know anyone was looking at it.
Thanks.
Post a Comment
<< Home