Tuesday, September 27, 2005

School

N came home from school and told me his lunch card didn't have any money on it. I told him I didn't see how that could be since yesterday I pinned a labeled envelope with a check on it for enough money to buy lunch all week inside. In fact, I had to run to the drug store Sunday evening to buy safety pins since his teacher want such things pinned to the children. As far as he and I know, he had money for lunch yesterday. It's $1.75 per day. I sent a check for $8.75. I wonder if it wasn't entered (incorrectly) into a computer as $1.75. Fortunately, my checks have carbons so I was able to check to be sure I didn't write the check for the wrong amount. I've left a message for the lunch person, but she won't be in until tomorrow. I'm probably going to run by the school tomorrow after I drop J off at preschool and make a pest of myself until we have the missing $7 accounted for. It's just one more thing to deal with.

In two days I have another ultrasound. I'm guessing the fetus will look more like a baby than last time when I had the bleeding problem. It did have a head, hands, and legs then. In the first ultrasound I guess it looked a lot like a peanut.

I'm still wearing my jeans, but they are starting to cut into my stomach a bit. I'm not sure when I'll admit my days of wearing size 10 non-maternity jeans are over. I just hate pants with elastic waist. I feel so chubby in them. I think last time I pretty much just jumped right into the maternity clothing even though I didn't have enough at the time to fill the stretchy part (sort of like when I got my first bra in 6th grade). I only put up with the nasty elastic-waist pants for a few days. The problem with the rubber band trick on my jeans' button is that when I'm pregnant, I use the restroom a lot, and it gets to be a lot of trouble to keep refastening the rubber band.

Life is quite good when the above is all I can think of gripe about this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home