Medical appointments
I had to get up a little early to be ready to take the kids to the dentist before school this morning. Both were a few minutes late. I had 8:30 appointments for them. I discovered that the dentist offers appointments as early as 8:00 a.m., so I scheduled their next appointment for that earlier time.
I had to pull J out of preschool a bit early to make sure we got to the ob/gyn appointment on time. We were a little early so I spent time trying to teach her how to find the area where the babies are delivered. I'm hoping she can help her dad and my mom find that area when they come to visit me during my hospital stay. The hospital is very confusing. The area between the medical offices and the hospital proper looks almost the same from all four directions so it is easy to get turned around.
My doctor's appointment was fine. I remain 50% effaced and am now 1 cm dilated. The baby's head is still down (but not engaged), but her body has turned sideways. Her butt is on my left side and her feet are on my right side. The doctor isn't concerned, but I think the baby must be pretty uncomfortable squished up like that. No wonder she kicks so much. She can't get comfortable.
We made cupcakes from a mix and used canned frosting this evening. I wasn't up to the make-it-from-scratch thing, and I really wanted cupcakes for N to have at school for his birthday tomorrow. The cupcakes are from a yellow cake mix. They have milk chocolate frosting, and they have colored sprinkles (which are sort of like having grit on top, but they look more festive). I'll be taking them to N's school tomorrow morning when J is at preschool. I also need to go to the supermarket to pick up the birthday cake we ordered him a couple Saturdays ago.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home