Great weather
The weather is fantastic again today. It's sunny and 71°F right now. I've been outside for a while with my kids this morning.
Right now, even though he doesn't feel great, K has taken N to the feed store to get chicken and/or rabbit food and to pick up some suet cakes for our bird feeder. On the way home, they are supposed to stop at 7-11 to get us all Slurpees.
My soybean and cucumber seed arrived earlier this week. It's far too early to plant them, but it's got me looking forward to summer. Actually, if I weren't so pregnant, I'd be trying to get some of my seeds including zucchini and cucumber to sprout indoors in peat pellets. I need to hold on that a while because when I get little seedlings, they need attention every day for a while to assure they don't dry out or get so soaked they grow mold. I will be in the hospital for two days at some point, and I don't think anyone but me will take proper care of the little seedlings so I really can't start them until either after I have the baby or the weekend before my induction, whichever comes first.
Also, my husband plans to incubate some eggs again this year. He did it for the first time last year. We kept the incubator in our bedroom to help him remember to turn the eggs twice a day, I think. What we discovered at the end was that the chicks can cheep before they hatch. We had to move the incubator to our livingroom once the cheeping started so it wouldn't keep us awake. My mother will be sleeping in our livingroom on the hide-a-bed for a couple weeks around the time we have the baby. We cannot have cheeping chicks around at all during that time, so K will just have to start the chicks late enough that they won't be cheeping until after my mom leaves.
Katie (probably the baby's name) will be born before Easter. The kids were upset when I told them the Easter Bunny wouldn't bring her anything since she'll be too small to eat candy. I'm afraid the Easter Bunny may have to bring her a stuffed animal just so the kids don't think the Easter Bunny forgot her. (Just what we need--one more stuffed animal to leave on the floor.)
I feel like I'm running out of time to get everything done before we have the baby. She should come in two to four weeks (and two days). I don't even have a baby book for her yet. I don't have a keepsake box. I do have some diapers. I got my priorities straight. I think I need to do some shopping very, very soon. I did find a baby book on Amazon.com that looks okay. I might order it. It is very plain. We don't have her crib put together yet, but I have figured out how to set up the bassinet part of the pack-n-play. I washed the fabric covering in her car seat/carrier and put it back together. I know where the strollers are. I got diaper ointment. I got a giant box of diaper wipes at Sam's Club. I got a new baby monitor for my birthday last fall. I know where my earplugs are. Still, I'm starting to panic a bit that things won't be ready. Of course, they weren't ready with my son since he was early, and I sent my husband out for stuff every night for a week until we had enough stuff. Anyway, my son was fine even though he didn't have enough bedding at first, and he was way too small for his diapers.
My ability to focus on one topic at a time was less than perfect before, but I find myself jumping all over the place rapidly now. It's making me nuts. Well, focus is one of those things that I'll start to regain when the baby is around three months old.

1 Comments:
Moon-Spinner, yes, that is a more practical idea than yet another stuffed animal to trip over.
Post a Comment
<< Home