None
I have no title. I'm not sure what I'm going to write about.
My husband finally went to the doctor because his cold got so bad. He has to be quite ill to see a doctor. I think he only goes about every three years. Anyway, he has azithromycin (I think that's the spelling--generic Zithromax) just as I did last week. He has an upper respiratory infection. His throat and ears have been very sore, a symptom I didn't have. He's home from work early, and now that he's seen the doctor, he's in bed resting. That also happens very rarely. Sure, he sleeps in as late as he can any Saturday he doesn't have to work, but he does not normally return to bed due to illness.
I've still got a bit of a cough and a lot of snot, but I don't feel all that bad. I'm seldom coughing 'til my belly hurts. I'm definitely doing a lot better.
Anyway, it's a Friday during Lent so I was going to cook a frozen bag of shrimp with linguini, but if K's not going to eat anyway, I'd rather just have a TV dinner. The kids are too small for Lenten dietary restrictions to apply, and I'm not Catholic so it doesn't matter what I eat. I think one can ignore the restrictions anyway when one is ill, so I guess Keith can find something he's able to swallow if he gets hungry later.
I wanted a pair of brand-new pillows to take with me to the hospital for my delivery. It's nice to be able to prop one's self into a more comfortable position with pillows, and I know extra pillows are scarce at the hospital at which I had my first two kids. My Lamaze instructor told us to get a couple pillows for the class and to be sure to bring them to the hospital for the delivery. While I found the whole Lamaze thing worthless (took the class for my first pregnancy), I did find the parts of the class about what happens or can happen during delivery to be very valuable, and I was glad to have the extra pillows.
Anyway, my Discover Card cash back reward had accumulated to over $100. I called last week to have $40 converted to $50 in gift cards at Bed Bath and Beyond. The two $25 gift cards arrived in yesterday's mail. Today J and I went to Bed Bath and Beyond, and I got two of the cheapest pillows there I could find ($10 apiece), two zippered pillow covers, and two yellow pillow cases (of their cheaper selection). Anyway, I spent all but about $3.50 of the $50 gift cards just getting those things. I'm glad I had the cash rewards available to cover such an expensive and unnecessary purchase. I certainly could have rounded up a couple old, nasty pillows to take with me. I did need new cases, though, since my old yellow pillow cases have the fabric wearing away at the seam. I'm washing the new cases and covers, and I'll put the new pillows away until my hospital trip. When it's over, I'll be dumping the old yellow cases.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home