Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Another chance to work

I just got another call from the plant manager where I used to work. There is some reporting due March 1 and more yet due in July. They haven't found anyone they want as plant environmental engineer. The plant manager wanted to know if I'd be willing to do their March Ti*er II reporting and the July Tox*ic Rele*ase Invent*ory (TRI) through a temp agency. My work would be reviewed by their corporate enviromental person (whom I know) before the plant manager would sign it.

I really don't want to. Since I have K during the day still, it gets very hard for me to find computer time sometimes. Also, we only have one computer hooked to the Internet, and at times my husband ties it up with his own work all evening. Ti*er II is much easier than TRI. I could agree to do the one but not the other. I haven't followed environmental regulations for the past six years, though, and I don't know how much has changed and how the processes at the plant have changed.

I will think about it more than the last offer I had to return as an employee. I can figure out how much it's worth to me to go to the trouble, and include money to pay friends to watch K if I need to do that. If K were in preschool and J and N were in regular school, I could probably swing it.

I just don't know. I'd like to help them out, though, since I know they're in a bind. These reports must be turned in on time. You don't tell the government, "Sorry, we couldn't get to it because we didn't have an environmental manager at the time."

I don't even know how to guess how much time this would take up and how hard it will be to gather the needed information. I'd have to guess that and let them know so they'd approve enough money to pay both me and the temp agency.

I just don't know. I really don't want to with K so young. It's been rough in the evenings already at the times I have a lot to do for his business.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

It's good that your company are still thinking of you when work becomes available. It might be hard to swing it at this time though.

Good luck. You should feel pretty chuffed that they thought of you. You must be good at what you do. :-)

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I've told the plant manager I can't at this time. I am glad he as pleased enough with my work to want me back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home