None
I've got a moment at the computer. K is napping after a bottle, and J is quietly watching our Sleeping Beauty video. It's about her favorite Disney princess. I don't wish to discuss Disney princesses right now. It probably raises my blood pressure (not that I have blood pressure problems).
I'm in the middle of cooking some cod for lunch and baking some corn tortillas into tortilla chips (hopefully). N and J raided my bag of Tostitos, so now I have nothing to go with chili, and I'd like some for lunch tomorrow. This is a test run. I coated them with chili powder along with salt and oil, which will keep the kids from eating them, I think.
K had a checkup this morning. Unfortunately, I took her to the wrong office (her pediatrician has two offices). Now I've rescheduled her appointment for a couple weeks from now. I always do checkups at the office near me, so I just went there, forgetting that I'd had to reschedule her appointment a few weeks ago because the doctor needed to cancel, and for whatever reason, I picked the other office. I even had it written down properly on my calendar, but I didn't look because I never do checkups at the other office--only sick visits when I'm desperate to see any doctor anywhere.
Instead, K, J, and I went to the gym. They stayed in the child care area while I did my workout. I don't work out long or hard, but I do go very consistently--three times a week.
A friend of mine got me a carniverous plant terrarium kit for Christmas. I opened it and started it last night. Unfortunately, I found out that I'm supposed to keep the kit in the refrigerator for eight weeks before actaully trying to get the seeds to grow in the sun. It's about the size of a basketball. I don't have that kind of space in my fridge. My husband took it over to my neighbors (the one who always has a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other). I was hoping he had space in his fridge. He did. I don't think he keeps a lot more than beer in there. He has a full-sized fridge for just himself. Well, when I get it back in eight weeks, I'm hoping it won't smell so much like cigarette smoke that I can't keep it in the house. It was very nice of my neighbor to share his fridge space with me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home