Thursday, February 15, 2007

Fluorescent bulbs revisited

I was at Lowes recently and I bought another mutipack of compact fluorescent bulbs. They were much smaller than the ones I had tried previously. I put them in lights outside my son's room that are on all night, and in the bathroom, which is on all night so J won't pee in her bed (too scared to try to find the bathroom in the dark). I had no trouble fitting them in the socket in the lights outside my son's room.

I guess my problem was that the bulbs I tried to use before were older bulbs, before they started making the newer bulbs, which aren't any larger that an incandescent bulb at the 60 W bulb. That's what I get for trying the new technology before the kinks have been worked out.

I don't care for the color of the light, the slight delay in brightness, and the flicker the bulbs have, but in the places I have put them, I think they are an excellent choice. I'd really like to put one in the lamp in my living room that is on a timer, but it uses a three-way bulb, and as far as I know, there aren't yet compact fluorescent bulbs for three-way fixtures.

Hopefully the places I did put the bulbs will work out well, and they'll last for years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home