Sunday, January 28, 2007

Appliance trouble again

Last night as I was drying some sheets, I smelled the burning smell of stuff being over-dried in the dryer. I checked my sheets, and they were still wet. I kept on drying, but kept an eye on the drier to be sure it didn't catch fire.

Later, I checked the sheets. They were cold and damp. I think the heating element on the dryer burned out. I also had a load in the washer. Now I have a damp load of sheets and a wet load. I've hung some ligher things (like pillow cases) up in a clothes line in my bedroom I ran between my vanity and my headboard. Anyway, after lunch N, J, K, and I need to go to the laundromat to see about drying my stuff in a dryer. This evening, when Mr. K is home from working on our rental, I'll need to go to Lowes or Home Depot and look into purchasing a new dryer.

This is very inconvenient (not that any time is convenient for a broken dryer). I think I know of a laundromat not far from here. Hopefully they'll have Sunday hours. I'll have to get N to push K in the stroller so I can carry the laundry basket full of wet clothing. If for some reason this laundromat is closed, I'll have to haul out the phone book and find another. I haven't ever been to a laundromat in Virginia. I've been fortunate. I think it's been about twelve years since I've gone to one. I love having my own washer and dryer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home