Tuesday, October 23, 2007

First call to an Internet Person

I called Moon Spinner today. I've never called anyone I've met on the Internet before. She had less of a southern accent than I was expecting, and she talked a lot, just like I do. It was a very interesting discussion. I'll have to do it again someday.

I'm astounded by the forest fire pictures coming out of southern California. I can't imagine what it must be like to live there between the backed up traffic from the evacuations, the smoke all over, and the loss of homes.

3 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

We're amazed at the scale of the evacuations..... can't quite get my head around evacuating 500,000 people.

I'm glad you got to speak to Mooney.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I talked to a friend of mine who moved here about three years ago from San Diego. Most of her family has all been evacuated. Her brother is keeping track of her other relatives (aunts, uncles), and he calls her mom, who also lives here in Richmond, each day to let her know how everyone is doing. She said they were able to save the high school she graduated from, but they lost a lot of houses that were around it.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fires sound awful, i hope they ease soon!!

Well done on calling a internet friend :) i'm to scared/shy usually to do things like that but also i don't like the phone much hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home