Monday, November 19, 2007

Dinner at Chick-Fil-A

At J's request, we all had dinner at Chick-Fil-A tonight since it is the kids' school's monthly PTA fundraising night there. I've never gone to one of these things. I guess N didn't beg enough when he was the only one in school (plus I was either pregnant or had a small baby then, too, so I was less likely to go out to dinner). I saw some people I know. Mr. K ran into N's Cub Scout den leader, and they spoke for a couple minutes. Mr. K is even more antisocial than I am, so I was glad he found someone to talk to.

I figured we'd just go this once, and it would be such a madhouse, we'd never go again. Mr. K said it wasn't as bad as he expected, so we can probably go next month.

The excitement (plus her cold) really wore out J. We did the baths as soon as we got home, and then we got J in bed. She fell asleep very quickly.

K wouldn't eat, but she sipped all our beverage through our straws. When we got home, I noticed she's still warm to the touch so her fever hasn't left. So fever girl was sucking on everyone's straw. I wonder who will get a fever next.

I moved some venison from the freezer to our refrigerator. That's what we're planning to have for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. I need to get it to thaw, though. I might also thaw a turkey breast to have for dinner the next day.

Wednesday I'll go to the store (which will be very busy) to get the finishing touches for my Thanksgiving dinner.

Mr. K has to work for a little bit in the morning on Thanksgiving, but not for long. I hope to go to Books-A-Million in the afternoon. I see they have a couple cookbooks on sale that I'd at least like to look at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home