Catching up
These are the costumes the kids wore to N's Cub Scout pack meeting Friday night. I forgot N's scar on his forehead. I'm quite embarrassed since that is so critical in being Harry Potter. How could I forget one of the most important aspects of Harry is beyond me.
The kids were supposed to wear those costumes for trick-or-treating on Halloween. J and K did. N somehow lost his Harry Potter robes (for which I spent $20 so I'm angry). He just can't keep his stuff together. Fortunately, his costume he wore the past two years, Superman, was hanging in his closet all together because I put it away. He wore that instead. I notice he left the suit, belt, and cape in three different places on the floor around the house after trick-or-treating. We were in so much of a hurry because of the screwing around trying to find the Harry costume that there wasn't time for pictures on Halloween night.
J's been up a good portion of the night the last couple nights, coughing. She's got a bad cold. N and have coughs, too, but not as bad as J's.
I have a conference with N's teacher this afternoon. I imagine we'll mostly discuss his behavior since I think that's where he needs the most work. I think he's doing well academically. His behavior stinks, though.
We're supposed to have closing on the duplex we are buying today. K is down for a nap right now, but when she gets up, we need to go to the bank to get a cashier's check to use at closing. I need to squeeze that in before closing. I'm sort of hoping Mr. K will have time between appointments today to keep an eye on K for me. She gets very bored at the bank. I'd rather not take her to conferences, either.

4 Comments:
Awww Angela they look awesome, i love the outfits!
Hope closing went well, you must have a lot of rental properties :)
Thanks, Sarah.
Closing did go well, fortunately. We don't have a lot of rental properties yet, but Mr. K would like to own a lot. We have four houses now that we rent to tenants. Mr. K thinks it's the only way to protect our retirement money from inflation.
The kids look great.
How did your parent teacher conference go?
MrK has the right idea... bricks and mortar.
Thanks, Brilly.
Conferences went fine. I was expecting to hear about N's bad behavior, but I didn't except for the fact he needs to change his attitude and not act so bored about the stuff he has to do at school. Also, his writing (printing) is horrid.
He's doing fine in all academic areas, and he's even a creative writer, which I didn't realize. He must get that from Mr. K because I have no creative writing skills.
He had a reading evaluation test (in which I think the results are merely guidelines--I'm not a big believer in the results of tests), but the teacher told me he's reading at a sixth grade level while he's in second grade. That explains why he's able to read Harry Potter.
Apparently his behavior is better than I expected because when he's bored, instead of causing trouble, he's got his nose in a book.
Post a Comment
<< Home