Happy Veteran's Day
N wore his Cub Scout uniform to school today because his den and the Girl Scouts at his school did the Veteran's Day flag ceremony outdoors at the flagpole for the school. K and I drove to the school to see the ceremony before we went to the gym. N's shirt was even tucked in for once! His den leader got N's neckerchief properly into place, too. I seldom can figure out how to do it right. I did spend some time yesterday with my sewing machine, adding a "1" to N's pack number on his uniform because his pack number just changed this year from a three-digit number to the same number, but four digits, starting with a "1."
While we watched the news, I kept trying to find a recipe for something good and easy and chocolately. I failed, but I asked Mr. K if he would make me a chocolate cream pie. I was joking. He said, no, but he'd go buy me one. He's off right now looking for a pie for me at the supermarket. I'm guessing he'll find a frozen one we need to thaw. I love a couple brands of frozen pies. Anyway, I was darned surprised since Mr. K seldom runs to the supermarket at my whim. He must be hungry for pie, too, or he needs something else, or I'm just naturally suspicious. In any case, I'm delighted he's off looking for pie because I'd really like some.

4 Comments:
yay for Mr K getting you pie, i love it when they do that :)
A will on occasion and i think its definately got a lot to do with he feels like something sweet as well :)
It was delicious! It's all Mr. K got at the store, so he got it just because I wanted it.
That was so sweet of him. Now I want some pie too :) Too bad Jon is at work.
Maybe when he gets home...
Post a Comment
<< Home