Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Kids out for Christmas

I'll have N and J home with me every day until January 2. We were supposed to go to a friend's house on Friday, but she called today and said they're pretty sick--fevers particularly a problem. We certainly don't want that.

I was going to make Christmas cookies tonight to decorate tomorrow, but I've run out of time and energy for that. I need to be getting to bed very soon.

One of our chickens started laying again about 1 1/2 weeks ago. We hadn't seen eggs from our chickens since late October until that. As far as I can tell, only one hen is laying right now. They either need longer days or a light to get them laying again. Saturday is the first day of winter and the shortest day of the year, so I'm hoping they'll get down to business and start laying as soon as the daylight hours expand. I have purchases two cartons of eggs from the store this year. It's the first time in several years I've needed to buy any.

More presents arrived by UPS today from one of N and J's aunt and uncles. We've got a lot of presents under our tree now. Another of Mr. K's sisters called us today and said she shipped a package that should arrive Friday. We get so many presents because Mr. K has three sisters and six brothers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home