Friday, February 08, 2008

Blue and Gold Banquet

Tonight is N's Cub Scout pack's Blue and Gold Banquet. I think Cub Scouts around the country do it today. We are having a pot luck dinner at 6:15. This year, just like last year, we were assigned a vegetable to bring due to our first letter of our last name. I didn't go last year because K was so young. I'll be going this year.

I've made spinach balls, and they are in the refrigerator. I'll be popping them into the oven just before we go so that they'll be warm when we get there. I had some years ago (like 20) that my aunt made, and from what she said was in them, this recipe I found on the Internet sounds like hers. They were very good. Hopefully mine will be edible. Hopefully it's okay to pop them back in the fridge without baking them like I have done in order to get the timing correct.

I think the pack is providing fried chicken. I'll enjoy it. The funny thing is that today is a Friday during lent, so all the Catholics (like Mr. K and N's den leader) can't have any chicken. I think Episcopalians don't eat meat on Friday's during Lent, either. This city is full of Baptists, and the sponsor church for the pack is a United Methodist church, and they don't bother with such things. I'm sure that's why there's going to be fried chicken. I love fried chicken.

I consider it a courtesy that I don't make dinner with meat on Friday's during Lent since it would be rude to eat meat in front of Mr. K and leave him to have PB&J. I usually have it for lunch when he isn't home. I'll certainly enjoy having chicken tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home