Just life
It's raining. It seems like it has been raining for days, but when I stopped to count, I realized it only began during the early hours of the morning Sunday, and it's Monday afternoon. I think it's supposed to rain part of tomorrow and then clear up.
There's a million things I should do other than write, but I haven't in a while. My house is a mess, I need to put together some kind of a contract for a potential tenant for one of our properties. She wants to store stuff in the property for a week prior to signing the lease, and I need to make sure we are protected from liability for her stuff, and we don't have to go through the eviction process to get rid of her stuff if she doesn't sign the lease. The big thing is that we aren't going to give her the key until the lease is signed.
J's school just had a recording that called me. It told me that she only has $2.45 of lunch money left. I'm disgusted. I think she's been buying other stuff, like bottles of water, with her lunch money. I gave her $35 at the start of the month, and it should have lasted 20 days at school. I specifically designate the money as being for lunches only, but they seldom bother to process that properly. N never does stuff like this. J's the one who does whatever she wants. I'm going to make her work this money off. We'll be discussing it at dinner. How fun dinner will be. Meanwhile, I need to prepare another check for her to take to school so she can continue to have lunch.
We are supposed to have company next weekend and my house is a wreck, and my new computer is tucked sideways into a "corner" in my bedroom just to get it out of the way until I can hire someone to set it up properly and get it connecting to the office (which might require new software). Lots of other stuff is all over the place, too.
My mother and father-in-law are flying in for N's first communion, and his godparents are supposed to be driving here with their little girl (half a year younger than K but already talking and outweighing her by five pounds). My house is not ready. I also need to make a Sam's Club run to get frozen appetizers so I don't have to stress about what to fix. I need to buy N a pair of black socks to go with his outfit for the ceremony.
Boy the rain started coming down hard just now.
Saturday, before the rains, I got a lot of plants going in the garden. I'm afraid this rain right now is flattening a lot of them. My zucchini, patty pan squash, and summer squash are under floating row covers to protect them from squash vine borers so I think they will be okay. I'll have to evaluate everything after the storms stop tomorrow.

2 Comments:
It's raining here too, it's been raining for 11 days :-)
I'm really interested in the idea of school lunches and lunch money. MrG grew up in the UK where they have a similar system to the US, lunches were supplied by the school daily and paid for monthly at a low cost.I don't know why the idea didn't catch on here.
Sorry to read that J didn't do the right thing. I don't feel like I can give advice because S probably would have done the same thing but I do think making J work it off will help.
I'm glad our rain didn't last that long here. It stopped on Tuesday. It is supposed to rain late Satureday and/or Sunday.
Mr. K told me I couldn't make J work it off since no one told her she couldn't get extras. (I did told her at the beginning of the year that she could only get lunch, but since it was all new to her, I don't think she understood).
Anyway, I found the lunch company's online system is much, much better than when Nick started kindergarten and I set up an account. It appears I can lock the kids out of buying anything other than lunches, so I did. Hopefully that's the end of the problem. I can also see for the past five days if the got the standard lunch or extras, but since they are supposedly locked out, all that it should ever say now is "standard lunch."
Post a Comment
<< Home