This is the second video during which I point the camera up and down at my road and talk a bit. In this clip, it becomes obvious that I live on a pretty busy street. With the woods and chickens, I try to pretend I live in the middle of nowhere, but no matter what I do, I can't avoid the sound of cars driving by all day; I just ignore them and grow things in my back yard to screen my view of the road.
Actually, there is a benefit to living in the middle of everywhere. I'm one mile to the nearest store, and about two miles from two hospitals. I think the mall is three or four miles away.
5 Comments:
I like to pretend I live in the middle of nowhere too. Is it less populated in Michigan?
It depends which part of Michigan. Greater Detroit is still much more populated than greater Richmond. Greater Lansing is far less populated than greater Richmond.
Comparatively, not a lot of people live in Michigan's upper peninsula. There aren't a lot of jobs there. It is well-wooded and wonderful, though, probably because of the lack of people.
It still looks pretty country compared to my place but i see what you mean about the busy road :) i might do a front yard one tomorrow. Its looks so lovely and green there Angela. So do you live near Richmond? Thats the town in the Patricia Cornwell books hey? I'll have to look at a map of the USA to see the state you live in, my friend lives in Indianapolis so i know where that is.
I've enjoyed seeing these movies. My street is pretty busy too :-)
Sarah, I hope you do a front yard video. I'd love to see your neighborhood.
I live about two miles from Richmond. My mailing address is Richmond. Richmond is the town in the Kay Scarpetta books by Patricia Cornwell. She used to have a huge estate (I've never seen it) west of here and just south of the James River. I think she moved to Connecticut (or something like that) a couple years ago.
I live in the state of Virginia. I'm about two hours south of Washington, D.C.
Brilly, don't you hate a busy street. Is that why you have so much greenery in your front yard--to help block the view of the road?
Post a Comment
<< Home