Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Spanish Class again

A couple weekends ago, I got a call from the lady who taught the Spanish class I took at the church this past winter. Because of high demand, she's offering Spanish 3. We don't know why I wasn't sent a list of classes, but I wasn't, along with several other people from the Spanish 2 class.

It started last Wednesday and will last eight weeks. I have class again tonight. There are a few people from the class I took before, and some new people. One lady is an ESL (English as a Second Language) from N and J's elementary school. She needs to know Spanish better to speak with the parents of the students.

I ran into her at the elementary school this week when I was there bugging the cafeteria people about J's account. She told me she was trying to see if anyone else would prefer the class be taught in Spanish. I'm fine with that. I'll follow enough. I guess she'll ask the teacher tonight to see if she's willing.

I made dinner early to have time to get the kitchen cleaned up before I leave. I'd better go do that.

2 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

At the boys school we don't have an ESL teacher 'cause we don't have anyone who has English as a second language.
In our old area we would have had a couple of ESL teachers.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Angela said...

That's very funny! Mostly we have Spanish-speaking kids, but that's not entirely true. I think one of my kids had a classmate from Vietnam. There's a boy in my son's class from Quebec (Canada), but he speaks both English and French.

In your old area, what languages were spoken?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home