None
N had a fever Friday evening, and it lasted off-and-on yesterday. We don't know what is wrong with him, but he still has a sore throat. The fever seems to have passed. It's my most common fever diagnosis--"mystery fever." We get a few of them each year.
J and K fell asleep shortly before dinner. I made something called Thai Lemon Beef, but they won't be impressed. It was reasonably good, with carrots and green onions serving as the vegetable, and I served it on ramen noodles.
N has spent as much of the weekend as we'd let him, playing with his Webkinz account on the computer. Now he's looking greedily at the computer since he just finished dinner and wants to waste as much of the rest of the day on the computer as I'll allow.
I'm sort of craving a chocolate dessert, so maybe I'll make something.
I spent some time this afternoon getting my paperwork together to take it in to get my taxes done. I still need to photocopy all my documentation for the accountant, check over the numbers I am providing him, get together what Mr. K is providing him, answer (mostly with question marks since I don't understand his questions) his questionnaire he provides me each year, and get the whole packet together. The earlier in the season I get him my tax junk, the more quickly he does my taxes.
I put some potting soil in an old egg carton and planted something called "New Zealand spinach" this morning. It is supposed to be used like spinach, but it isn't really spinach. It's an heirloom plant, so I can save the seeds and use them another year and get exactly the same kind of plant as the parent, which is something one can't do with hybrids.
N's got a birthday late next month. I need to start thinking about what I'm going to get him. I'm guessing it will involve Webkinz stuff.
K's birthday is a couple weeks later. Hers is easier; I just get her whatever I want. We've been at Walmart and Target a couple times lately, and she begs for everything. I keep telling her I'll keep it in mind when I go birthday shopping for her.

3 Comments:
The New Zealand spinach sounds interesting. I just looked it up and we'd call it Warrigal Greens or Warrigal Spinach.
It's L's birthday at the end of next month. He keeps telling us all the things he wants. The Webkinz will be a great surprise.
I meant to comment on your last post that I like the term 'stealth tax' it made me laugh out loud.
Are Warrigal Greens something people plant on purpose, or is it just a weed?
It's a weed! Most people don't eat it now. I've never seen it in a grocers but I have seen it growing by the side of the road.
You should blanch the leaves before using them in a salad.
Post a Comment
<< Home