Sunday, July 05, 2009

Weekend Over

I had a lazy day today. Mr. K has a bad cold and didn't want to go to church today, so I slept in until about 9:30 a.m. Then I went out for coffee and doughnuts.

I was up late last night. We had a bonfire in honor of Independence Day, and N and J had their friends (and the friends' parents) over. We made s'mores at the campfire. Our neighbor, Mr. T came over, too. He can never resist a bonfire.

During the day, I took the kids to the neighborhood pool for their Independence Day celebration. I think they had a good time.

My garden is going quite well. I've noticed one acorn squash plant that is producing white acorn squash. The seeds were all the same kind and from the same packet, so I don't know what is going on. Also, they were supposed to be an heirloom variety so I could save the seeds and grow the same thing next year. I've been using the flowers on one to pollinate the others so I've messed all that up by mixing the white with the rest. I'll probably get a picture of the white fruit it is producing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home