I got a shot of the sunset, taking the picture in the upstream direction (towards Washington, D.C.)
on the Potomac. I think we were actually on the Chesapeake Bay, but it's hard to tell what is river and what is bay. We could see the lights in Maryland across the river. We even saw fireworks, but they seemed small on the horizon. Technically, every time we waded or swam past the end of the jetty at the beach, we left Virginia and entered Maryland.
It was a wonderful trip. We've never taken the kids to a saltwater beach. I've only taken them to an inland lake. There were pesky, bitey flies called sand flies that about drove me crazy, but every time the wind kicked up, they'd go away. I'm scared of jellyfish, but Mr. K was picking them out of the water in his hands by the time we left, and tossing them up on the beach, where the kids would bury them. I slept very poorly in the tent, so I was glad to get home to my own bed. Part of the problem is that we are packed too tightly in our tent. I think next time we camp, we'll try to bring two tents so we can be more comfortable.
It was a wonderful trip. We've never taken the kids to a saltwater beach. I've only taken them to an inland lake. There were pesky, bitey flies called sand flies that about drove me crazy, but every time the wind kicked up, they'd go away. I'm scared of jellyfish, but Mr. K was picking them out of the water in his hands by the time we left, and tossing them up on the beach, where the kids would bury them. I slept very poorly in the tent, so I was glad to get home to my own bed. Part of the problem is that we are packed too tightly in our tent. I think next time we camp, we'll try to bring two tents so we can be more comfortable.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home