Thursday, September 17, 2009

Irrationally upset

K cried a lot this morning about not wanting to go to preschool. I told her I'd stay a few extra minutes if she didn't cry when I took her there. She was a good girl and kept her word.

Yesterday a package of old clothing arrived from J and K's cousin. She had tons and tons of clothing she's outgrown. K picked out an outfit to wear from it, and topped it off with a cute little pair of hiking boots.

One mean little girl at preschool came up to us when I was there and informed K that her shoes were boy shoes. I told her they were girls' hiking boots and that K was tough (that bit's not true).

Anyway, I think it made K feel even worse. Then she didn't want to join the other kids who were playing together in small groups. She said she doesn't have any friends, and that appears to be true. The only other one not playing was a little boy named John who was sitting at a table crying for his mom. Maybe she'll play with him. If I were K, I think I'd hate preschool, too.

5 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger Alycia said...

Bloody hell Angela.
High school is meant to be heard, not preschool. That sucks. Poor little K. I hope she uses those boy shoes to kick the little girl right where she needs it and can enjoy preschool from then on! Oh no, that's not the right attitude is it?!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

There's always a mean little girl and a sad little boy. I hope K settles in soon. Maybe N and J can role play with K about making friends.
D was the same when he started Kindy so S showed him ways of asking to join in and play.

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Sarah said...

Oh god thats so sad. They are 3 and there are already horrible little kids, makes your heart break! Tell K that Harry will be her friend they just can't play together in person :) maybe one day they can be penpals!! Hehe

I hope it gets better for her Angela!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Rhiannon said...

Oh, that's terrible! Poor K. I wouldn't want to go either, if I were K. I hope she finds a friend soon.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Thanks, guys. I'm hoping things will get better in a week or so. Keith tried talking to Kate about trying to be friends with the crying boy, John, because he really looks like he needs a friend (and so does Kate). Kate said she only wants girls for friends.

What is this "only girls for friends," and "those are boy shoes"?

I wore my work boots when I picked up Kate from preschool, and she was pleased to see them. She kept hers on all day, and a friend of mine at a Cub Scout meeting in the evening saw them and complimented her on them. I think she's okay with them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home