Friday, July 31, 2009

Just the Girls

Mr. K and N have gone to a Cub Scout campout this evening. They'll be back sometime tomorrow. I think it might rain on them a lot, so I expect we'll be hanging out the tent to dry.

I'm jealous of N. He's getting to spend the afternoon, evening, night, and next morning with his dad and no other family members. I haven't had the chance to since N was born.

I painted the girls' toe and finger nails. We got pizza for dinner. I got myself vegetarian pizza, which Mr. K hates, but Mr. K isn't here today. J and I made some puff pastry cinnamon/sugar swirls. They're all gone now.

We've played some cards and a modified version of bunco, a dice game. K finally fell asleep. J wants me to read Nancy Drew to her, but since she woke K back up a couple minutes ago, I'm making her wait until a) K is really deeply asleep again, and b) I finish making a post to this blog. Unfortunately, she's right next to me, reading everything as I type it.

3 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Sars said...

Spending time with the girls sounds nice! I guess as they get older you'll get to spend time with MrK by yourself again, thats one of the things i miss the most!!

Hope your neighbour won't be left homeless!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Angela said...

We had a good time. I probably won't be alone with my husband until the little one goes to a sleepover while the other two are in college.

We aren't sure what will happen to our neighbor.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Girl's night!!!! I am so jealous, I would give anything to be able to do that with my mom (since I have no kids.) Those are great memories your girls will have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home