Still so busy
I've had a Cub Scout meeting tonight. We're trying to sign up new people. I'm going to be the treasurer for the pack this school year. I collected checks and cash.
Last night I took Brenna to the vet again for a follow up appointment. She's going to stay on antibiotics for her bladder infection for an extra ten days and then we'll see how she is. Her urine isn't as concentrated as it should be, so the vet thinks it's the beginning of kidney failure. I asked, and it's not a horrid way to go. She'll drink more water and get skinny before she dies. We're not even sure that's what it is, but I could try to slow it down if it is by giving her expensive cat food that she'll hate (almost all cats do) so I'd probably have to force-feed her. She'd get skinny anyway because she won't eat stuff she doesn't like. She barely ate at all when I got her because she hated the food I bought at first.
Anyway, she hates going to the vet's, she'll be thirteen next month, and I don't want to keep torturing her. As long as she feels good and gets lots of love, I'll probably not try to drag her life out with lots of vet visits and forced-feedings. Also, some cats live a very long time with only a small percentage of their kidneys working so it's too soon to say this is what will cause her demise.
If her bladder infection comes back after the antibiotics end, we'll go back to the vet's. I think they'll try X-raying her to look for bladder stones. The most common kind have been ruled out because she's got acidic urine (pH 5 they told me yesterday ), and the most common type don't form in acidic urine.
Tuesday I had a Brownie meeting with J and then right afterwards (I was late because they were in different locations but one started when the other ended) was Jessica's back to school night for parents.
My math homework took longer today than I had planned. Reading the section in the book and working out the examples when really fast. I was surprised when there were thirty questions. I was expecting half that. Instead there were a bunch about material that wasn't in the book (they might have been in the homework section of the book, but I don't bother with that since we are required to do homework on-line). I had to have an example of "show me how" to learn the formulae I was supposed to use to find the sum the values in an arithmetic sequence and a geometric sequence. The book only covered how to find the nth value in the series (sorry, I've bored my readers).
I'm doing very nicely in the math class so far. I finally had a test and not just quizzes and homework so I'm comfortable saying that now. I didn't miss any on the test (a miracle, I usually make a lot of careless mistakes). My next two tests and the final exam have to be taken on campus at a testing center, and I have to make arrangements at least two days in advance, so I'm more stressed about what happens if I have a sick kid. Normally I don't know my schedule two days in advance.
At my husband's office, the fax and Internet were both down and the office person was out so one of the technicians was answering the phone. While K was at preschool, I went there to see what I could do. Not much it turns out, but the technician and I got the Internet going again. He was supposed to call the phone company again if the fax machine didn't work after being unplugged for quite a while. We use either fax or e-mail for our answering service to provide us with information about calls they've answered, so it was hard to deal with both out simultaneously.

3 Comments:
Does sound very busy!!
Bet you fall into bed and sleep like a rock each night!
LOL at the math. I wasn't bored, just confused. I hope you're less busy now.
I've got fewer evening meetings, but I wouldn't say I'm less busy.
Post a Comment
<< Home