Thursday, April 08, 2010

Still sick or sick again

I've been horridly ill with the aching and fever. I've been aching since Sunday, but I thought it was from using unused muscles to garden on Saturday. Then it didn't get better and my joints were aching. I finally took my temperature last night, and I was at 100.4 °F, which isn't too bad, but it explains the aching.

The kids are home for spring break. I took them to the zoo yesterday morning, but I was glad to leave before noon because I was aching so much (now I know why--I had a fever). I slept very poorly last night between aching and throwing up bile.

I didn't get up at the regular time except to feed the cat. I stayed in bed all morning, but I was too achy to sleep, and too sore to sit up and watch TV or read for long. I couldn't eat (no urge, upset stomach), so I couldn't take any ibuprofen. I texted Mr. K and asked him to bring popsicles and pink sherbet if he got the chance. He did. After some of that, I was able to get down some dry, whole wheat toast. Then I took two ibuprofen. That allowed me to sleep for about an hour and a half. I woke up in a sweat, probably when the fever broke. I think the kids probably spent the day playing on the computer without supervision.

My aching is starting again, and my fever is back. I need to take more ibuprofen, but I want to do it closer to bedtime so I can have it last for more of the night.

If I had to guess, I'd say I have the flu or an enterovirus.

3 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Snap you gave it to me except I've been throwing up. I've spent all day in bed and I'm about to go back there now.

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I am just getting over a really bad, nasty sickness. I hope that you feel better soon!

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I'm glad you're doing better, Andrea. I hope you're over it soon, Brilly. I've had throwing up, too.

I think once this has completely passed, I'd like to be healthy for a while since I've been sicker than normal for so long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home